Therapeutic Yoga Level 1
with Cheri Clampett and Arturo Peal
Therapeutic Yoga is a comprehensive system of restorative yoga, gentle yoga, breath awareness, and guided meditation specifically designed to enhance the
body’s own capacity to heal. Using readily available props such as bolsters and blankets to gently support the body, the benefits of Therapeutic Yoga
are accessible even to those recovering from injury or illness. Breath work, guided meditation and hands-on healing modalities are also part of the
system, working to balance the body and ease the mind.
Therapeutic Yoga Level 1 offers a comprehensive and highly refined curriculum that includes:
- physiology of stress and relaxation
- anatomy from the yogic perspective
- 16 restorative yoga poses and theory
- gentle yoga
- benefits and contraindications of each posture
- effect of postures on acupuncture meridians
- sequencing guidelines for poses
- scar tissue and adhesions
- meditation for stress reduction and healing
- breath work
- guided imagery
- energy healing techniques
- hands-on adjustments
- supporting healing in students or clients
- learn how to give one on one Therapeutic Yoga sessions
- self-care practices for the practitioner
The training is both didactic and experiential. Lectures are combined with demonstrations of yoga poses, followed by sessions where you experience teaching the practice and receiving it. Benefits and contraindications are covered, as well as the effect on the meridians.The training price includes a 143 page manual full of valuable and useful information you get to take home with you.
SPECIAL OFFER: If you take both trainings back-to-back, receive $100 off your tuition!
Upon finishing the required hours, students will be certified in Therapeutic Yoga.
Therapeutic Yoga LeveI I until July 1st, $950 thereafter $995
Space is limited! Please call (626) 403-3961 to register and for more information.